Thursday, June 7, 2007

Playin' Catch Up

Today I had to do the conditioning I had planned to yesterday. But I decided to throw some 1/2 TGUs in the mix.

24kg 3x3 R/L only coming up to an extended arm, then back down.

My shoulder felt unbelievable today, so for the hell of it I threw in one more full blown TGU

40kg 1x1 R/L Felt solid, shoulder was stable and no pain. Should have done a triple.

Set my timer for 20 minutes, grabbed the 16kg and my Super Boa jump rope.

I'm lucky, I can actually jump rope in my basement, yes I'm that short.

So I would rip off anywhere from 15-25 swings or snatches, whatever I felt like when I grabbed the bell. Once my form was less than an 8 on a scale of 1-10 it was time to jump.

I jumped until the timer got to the top of whatever minute I was on.

Rinse and repeat. The goal was just to work hard the whole 20 minutes, originally the jumping rope was going to be active recovery.....toward the end...not so much.

Tomorrow I hope to bust out a sled.

BJ

3 comments:

Iron Tamer said...

40kg get up, huh?
Niiiice...

BJ Bliffert said...

Didn't think the quiet kid was that strong did ya!

I'll try to get video of it, if I can figure out my camera.

Mark Reifkind said...

nice dude! great to hear the shoulder is getting that much better. and hey, you're tall for your height!