Monday, September 10, 2007

The TSC is in the books!

This past Saturday we hosted the Tactical Strength Challenge, and it was a blast!

For those not familiar with this event, it consists of 3 events; the deadlift, pull ups and the kettlebell snatch.

It was an awesome event, we had a great group of competitors.

Personally I outperformed the goals I had set for myself.

Although I weighed in a couple of pounds heavier than I was shooting for, my lifts made up for it.

In the deadlift I pulled a post college PR of 415 lbs.

I posted 13 pull ups, this was an all time PR and I still can't believe I performed that many!

And, lastly the kettlebell snatch w/ the 24kg bell, I performed 105 reps. I didn't train too hard for this event, I was more concerned w/ my deadlift.

Overall, it was a blast. We plan on hosting the next one also. If history play a role it should be in March.

We are going to try to market this competition to the local Police and Fire Departments, because it really does encompass many of the demands they see on the job.

If you like to learn how to perform the lifts so you can compete in the next one, I have put together a couple of resources so you can learn the list correctly.

First, the deadlift. If you don't already own a copy of Pavel's Power to the People, get one. This is a wonderful resource and breaks down the seemly easy deadlift and gives you a great strategy to train this taxing lift without wearing yourself down.
Just follow the link here: Power to the People

To learn to perform the kettlebell snatch get to our next workshop. Getting hands on instruction is THE BEST WAY to learn how to perform the kettlebell lifts properly. More info on the workshop can be had at the link below.
IMPACT Fitness' LEVEL I KB workshop

That's all for today.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Great numbers for TSC!

Rock on BJ!

BJ Bliffert said...

Thanks Franz, looks like you had a great turn out as well!