Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Quick Workout to get back in the swing of things...

After a long weekend up in MN at the RKC, I didn't get much of a workout in. This was my own fault, because how many places can you go with well over 100 KBs at your disposal. I was probably due for a little de-loading though, so in the end it was all good.

I have decided to take it easy this week and ease back into things, test some skills I haven't practiced in a while.

So here's what I did:

Romanian Deadlifts: 5 sets of 3 w/ 135lb - focus on pushing hips back and keeping shoulders retracted and back flat.

Pistols: 5 sets 1 R/L focused on keeping tension and pulling myself down. Left side was shaky coming out of the whole and required a small skip backward on all but one rep. This will get better with practice

Press: 5 sets of 1 R/L with 24kg, just wanted to test out the shoulders. Felt good, but not great. I'll lay off the pressing for a while longer, or move up to the 32kg. I had an "Aha" moment when I heard Jeff O'Connor say all problems with form can be fixed by adding more weight. I realized I rarely fell pain while pressing the 32kg because you have top stay tight.

Pull ups: 5 sets of 3 w/ BW - not so good, I need to get a pull up system that allows me to extend my legs in order to practice "zipping up" on my pull ups. Felt elbow pain and a little pain in my shoulder.

Practiced some "Relax Into Stretch" and "Strength Stretching". Felt good and loosened me up nicely.

That's all for now.

BJ

No comments: