Monday, November 19, 2007

Trying to get back into the groove...

I have been somewhat of of commission for the last week and a half or so.

Not sure how I did it, but a previous hip injury reared it's ugly head again. The last time (the original injury) was an over use injury from a Muay Thai knee training.


So after an evaluation from Steve (Pro Release, LLC) we found a whole load of things going on with my left hip.

Some bursitis, a locked up psoas, issues with my sartorius and some neat SI joint stuff...oh yeah a whole grocery list of stuff.

On the table I went.

After about 20 minutes of ART, moving through some funky ROMs with ample amounts of tension/pressure from Steve I was at about 90%. This was a Friday.

The following Tuesday we (Kori was getting treated, more on that later) back in for another treatment. Same thing, only the treatment was a little less time because the eval took much less time.

We will be going back again this Friday (11/23/07) for our third treatment. I expect to be back to 100% shortly thereafter.

This is some cool stuff and best of all it works fast.

I haven't touched a Kettlebell in the last week, well maybe once. But it has been mostly BW exercises and CrossFit WODs.

So, from here it's going to be a more focused effort toward consistency with my Z work and a little less "balls to the walls" with my KBs until after New Years.

Better to get healthy now, then have to re-hab in the spring when the weather actually gets nice.

I plan to film our next treatments so hopefully I will be able to get that up here.

Til later,
BJ

1 comment:

Mark Reifkind said...

you have a foam roller I presume? lots of that stuff can get opened up with one.I just realized I havent sent you my dvd! so sorry man I will get that in the mail to you asap.