Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A 10 minute set!

Last night I achieved my first 10 minute set. And I think I had a little left in the tank. It was kind of a fluke. I went in with a goal of a solid 6 minute set, but I just kept going.

I switched hands at 5 minutes, from right to left and I think I could have gone a little longer on the right if I needed to.

I paced the whole set at 12RPM (1 snatch every 5 seconds) so I ended up with 120 reps, 60R/60L.

My hands handled the set fine, a little rubbing on my left palm towards the end. My hand was so fatigued I couldn't rotate the bell properly.

Not sure where to go from here, maybe back down to 6 minutes and I'll up the pace to 15RPM and work back up to a 10 minute set.

After the snatch set I banged out a set of one handed swings. All my KB sets where done with a 16kg bell.

5 sets of Double Clubbell Swipes w/ the 10lbs clubs and some quick mill practice rounded out the session.

I'm very pleased with the progress so far, it's always more fun when you progress faster than expected!

4 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Congrats, that is a step in the right direction for you.

BJ Bliffert said...

Thanks Joe. I have a feeling my number will jump as I increase the pace. It may even get easier...it's so hard to go slow.

Jordan Vezina said...

Great job. Hitting your goal and knowing you've still got some left is a good feeling. There is definitely a fine line between the lockout being a benefit and becoming a negative.

BJ Bliffert said...

Thanks Jordan, now I just have to try to go faster to up the numbers.