Friday, February 1, 2008

Chalk up another one

Last nights training was good. Nothing Earth shattering, just one step closer.

I started off with back squat for 5x5 @ 135, 185, 205, 225, 235

I didn't move anything too heavy, but then again, I wasn't trying to. I'm just trying to build back up and re-groove the move after a looooooong lay off from the barbell squat.

Heavy swings w/ 40kg 6 sets of 5 reps. These felt good, crisp, everything was tight and I felt like I had a good number of reps left in the tank. But, again, it's all about building.

Pressing:

I was pleasantly surprised.

3 sets of 1 @ 36kg, they were a little shaky at first but they went up.

I can see I'm clearly on my way back to pressing the 40kg Bulldog.

By the end of the session I felt "dammage" of the 10 minute sets from a couple of nights ago. My forearms were done.

I don't think I'll hit another timed snatch set until Saturday, tonight will be a random CF WOD with a met-con focus. Now that I know for sure I'll be assisting again at the April RKC, I need to get my weight down a little and my wind wind up...just a tad.

Later.

2 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

You make me feel weak doing that nice squat ladder just getting back in to it. Nice work man and look forward to seeing you press the dog

BJ Bliffert said...

Thanks Joe. The squat make me feel weak, not quite used to the low bar position. I can feel the extra leverage it provides but I'm used to a higher Oly Squat.

Now, If could just catch deadlift numbers...

My shoulders finally feel solid, in a couple weeks I'll give the dog a go. When ever i press heavy I think back to April of '06, watching you press the beast. Great motivation!