Friday, August 10, 2007

Today's Training

My deadlift is coming along nicely. I have working on the wedging technique, and staying tight as the bar breaks the ground. I have also found a good groove that allows me to really concentrate on pushing the ground away, rather than standing up.

Here's today training

Warm ups.

I really like using barbbell complexes for warmups, plus it allows me to keep my Oly lifting skills.

Favorite complex so far (usually make them up right before my w/o)
RDL -> bent over row -> clean -> front sqt.

Then I will hit some BB Snatches off block, the bar is just above my knees. After the last Snatch I bang out some Overhead Sqts.

Deadlift 155x5, 205x3, 300x2 for 6 sets
Back Squat 5x5 @ 135
Press 5x1 w/32kg KB
BW Pullup 5 sets to with in 1 rep of failure
5 minutes 24kg Snatch

Lots of mobilty.

It will be interesting to see how the 5 minute set goes, no carbs all week.

Stay tuned.

BJ

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

bj if I were you I would squat first and then deadlift.use the squat as your warmup. It can be tough on the lower back squatting after dls, especially as your weights get heavier.
jmo.

rif

BJ Bliffert said...

I have done that in the past, and you're right it works great. Sometimes I'll do cleans to a front squat.

After more thought I don't think I'm going to go much heavier, Is seems I actually use the squat to open my hips up after the DLs. I focus on pushing the kness out and sitting between my ankles.