Friday, February 8, 2008

More Timed Sets

Last night while waiting for my class to show up I thought I'd kill some time and get my training in.

Warmed up:
JM
Overhead Sqt w/PVC
Shoulder Dislocates w/PWR


Snatches:

10 minutes @ 15RPM (1 rep every 4 secs): These were tough but not ridiculously hard. Grip was good with the exception of the last 5-8 rep on each side. I had no chalk but managed. I ended with 75 on each arm.

With out my GymBoss Timer this would be tough, I love the way it keeps my cadence and counts my reps. All I have to think about is getting the bell up.

I moved to Jerks next, one arm, with a 16kg bell. Didn't know what to expect and wasn't out to break any records. I was mainly concentrating on trying to connect my hip and elbow in the rack position, this greatly aids in, not only supporting the bell but also transferring energy from the hips to get the bell moving up.

I did one set for 4 minutes at 5RPM, this makes for a long hold in the hold and this is where I really started to feel it.

So, I got a whopping 20 reps, 10 each arm and switched hands at 2 minutes

1 set of one arm swings 30/30

then

3 sets of 2 arm swings for 30 reps each.

That's it, wasn't too tough but I should be able to really start pushing the numbers up soon.

I didn't want to but I may have to add some sets with the 24kg, I know I can hit them easily but I want to set my brain at ease and hit the RKC snatch numbers for the cert. in April.

3 comments:

Jordan Vezina said...

Good work. That's the great thing about the timed sets, I can kill them off waiting for clients.

BJ Bliffert said...

Thanks Jordan,

Yeah, at first I wasn't too sure if I would like them. I'm warming up to them.

100/100 should be right around the corner.

Now If I could just back below the 170 mark.

So, when are we going to see you at an RKC???? Let me know, I'll put in to be an assistant.

Jordan Vezina said...

I'm working on it. :) I'll be drifting around the one next week in San Jose, but not participating. It will be this year for sure, just have to work out the logistics. I'll let everyone know when it happens.