Monday, March 10, 2008

Saturday's Training

Saturday's training was pretty much more of the same with the exception of the volume.

Slowly, but surely, I have been increasing the volume of my swing training. It seems to be working.

I am getting leaner while maintaining scale weight.

Other lifts are improving with specifically training them.

And finally, again, the 24kg is starting to feel light again.

It just goes to show there is no substitute for the basic two arm swing. This move has become the backbone of my training, and although at first I had hesitations, now, I'm glad I listened to my gut.

I started out with my joint mobility, in the past I had been skipping this. I have made it an essential part now.

I also include overhead squats with a 6' length of PVC. Trying to maintain a long spine the whole time and actively pulling myself down into the squat keeps my hips open and has helped with shoulder and thoracic mobility a lot.

First move: One set of snatches with the 24kg. Just a test to see what I can do without too much stress to get a baseline.

I ended up with 60, 30 right and 30 left. Used very little chalk and didn't push my grip too far. I think my brain fell victim to the numbers, it seemed once I hit 30 my head said, "switch hands, that's enough"

I followed this up with 30 sets of 8 swings. 240 reps total. This got to be tough toward the end. This could have been because I fasted little longer than most days because I was busy earlier in the day. I'm happy with it though.

I "played" with some pull ups and front and back levers on the pull up bar. I have been including this "play" at the end and I have really enjoy it. It has really seemed to help my kipping pull ups and my ability to maintain tension while practicing the gymnastic moves.

That's it.

No comments: