Tuesday, April 1, 2008

3 Short Weeks

Yesterday marked 3 weeks and 3 days until the April RKC. These are always a good time and I'm excited to meet more new, like minded people.

I like assisting at the certifications, too, because having the date on the calender serves as a deadline and forces me to be on top of my game.

Even with my recent cold, it feels like everything is falling into place.

My numbers are going up, body fat is going down and so on.

So in an attempt to squeak out any extra fitness/conditioning/strength I'm going to attempt to train 21 out of the next 24 days.

This will require some serious thought regarding volume, intensity, load, food intake, etc.

I'll make a blog entry for every day of training (I will be traveling a few days next week, but I'll update when I return).

So starting with last nights session:

I did my typical warm up including overhead squats, pull ups and push ups after a thorough joint mobility run through.

Snatches:

24kg / 4 minutes / 15 RPM = 60 reps 30/30

Jerks:

2 16kg / 10, 6, 5, 5, 5

Swings:

24kg / 30/30, 20,20

Random Clubbell movements.


Snatches felt good, I felt a little pulling on a callous but was able to "fix" my grip and continue with out a tear.

The Jerks and still hard for me. Not in terms of load, the load is easy. The return to the rack is what gets me, and I seem to waste a lot of energy getting the bells back to where they should be in the rack. These will get better with time.

Swings were easy and I need to push these more. It seems the little voice in my head tells me to switch hands at 30 reps no matter how taxed I am. I need to break the barrier and push for higher reps next time.

Clubbells, this was just for fun, I want to get better at some of the movements and I like the way they tax the grip in a different way the KBs.

'Til later, I'll post tonight's session once complete.

No comments: