Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bang for your buck

I haven't had a lot of time in the past week to train.

The move is coming so fast and is the priority right now.

So when I do get some free time, it's Long Cycle Clean & Jerks.

Is this the perfect movement?

Could be, if your pressed for time.

Friday and today I simply set my timer for 20 minutes and, while focusing on technique first and foremost, I would bang out between 5-10 reps. I made sure to "rest" in the rack at 3-5 seconds to get used to being there.

I am having a much easier time finding my hip due to more hip flexor flexibility, and really just forcing myself into the correct position.

Friday session got a little rocky. I was getting more concerned with doing more reps rather than doing the reps right. My breathing was all out of whack, actually I had only a vague idea of what the proper breathing pattern was for this movement.

Luckily, I met Doug Sides last weekend at the RKC.

Doug is a certified AKC Coach form Rockford, IL. I shot him and e-mail, and I got a very complete, detailed explanation of what to do.

Today I did what Doug said, and it was unbelievable how much easier the bells went up.

I only did sets of 5 because I wanted them to be as near to perfect as I am able to them.

So, if you read this, Thanks Doug.

4 comments:

Bob Garon II, Synergy Kettlebell Training said...

BJ would you mind emailing me the details what Doug said regarding the LC C&J please? I too have begun working with this movement and want to master it properly instead of acquiring bad habits.

Thanks,

Bob Garon
alwaybelieve1@gmail.com

Ron Ipock said...

BJ, I saw your LCCJ video with your pro-grades. I just received my new 24kg and I did some work with it although my hands were on fire (who needs gloves with paint stripper?).

Do you have any sage advice for hip mobility. I have been doing supine bridges and standing hurdler stretches. I know losing the beer gut will also help. But any suggestions aside from practicing?

Iron Tamer said...

BJ, I tried to email you concerning the TX invasion leg of the hide your beer tour, and it bounced. email me?
irontamerdave@homtail.com

BJ Bliffert said...

Hey All,
Sorry for the late relpy, but we are between homes right now, with little access to the internet.

I should be able to get relpies up in about a week, once we get a high speed connection in TX.

Dave, e-mail coming at ya as we "speak".